|Click for image credit.|
1. Slow food began in one of the world's great food cities. Name the city.
2. The motivation for the organization emerged after protests in the city referenced above. The protests were around the planned opening of a fast food restaurant near an important landmark in the city. Name the restaurant chain and the landmark.
3. In what year did the protests noted in 1 above occur?
4. When the organization formed, an animal was selected to be part of the organization's logo. Name the animal.
|Click for photo credit.|
5. One of the critiques of the slow food movement is that it does not explicitly embrace a specific type of farming or a specific type of diet. Name the farming practice and the diet.
6. An outgrowth of Slow Food International is Terra Madre. What is the focus of Terra Madre?
7. In a very short time, Slow Food International created chapters all over the world. Approximately how many chapters are there?
8. Slow food focuses on local food prepared well, clean food production that doesn't damage the environment, and fair prices and accessibility of food. This philosophy comes into direct conflict with what type of food production?
|Click for photo caption.|
9. Anyone can start a local Slow Food International chapter if you have ideas around how to protect or promote your local food culture. What name is given to a local Slow Food chapter?
10. One of the newer initiatives of Slow Food International is Disco Soup day. What is the educational theme of this event?
Check out these previous On the Brink quizzes!
Appalachian Trail Quiz
Robert Bullard Quiz
James Lovelock Quiz
Gifford Pinchot Quiz
John Muir Quiz
John Muir Quiz Part 2
Aldo Leopold Quiz
Rachel Carson Quiz
Bill McKibben Quiz
Teddy Roosevelt Quiz
Marjory Stoneman Douglas Quiz
Zora Neale Hurston Quiz
New York City National Cave and Karst Research Institute Quiz
New York City National Cave and Karst Research Institute Quiz Answers Revealed (note that answers reflect spring of 2015)
Introduction to Sustainability Quiz
U.S. Renewable Energy Quiz
Wangari Maathai Quiz
Black Friday Consumption Quiz
Green Building Quiz
Edward Abbey Quiz
Earth Day Quiz
United Nations Sustainable Development Goals Quiz