|Click for photo credit.|
1. What is the main source of renewable electricity in the United States?
2. What is the second main source of renewable energy in the United States?
3. What percent of all U.S. electricity comes from renewable sources?
4. What produces more electricity: rooftop photovoltaic of photovoltaic power plants?
5. Which produces more electricity: all photovoltaic energy (rooftop and power plant) or waste to energy power plants?
6. We produce less electricity from solar energy than we do from wind. How much less energy is produced from solar than wind? a. 1/2 b. 1/3 c. 1/5 d. 1/10 e 1/25
7. What state produces roughly 80% of all the U.S. geothermal electrical generation.
8. Renewable energy also includes a range of biofuels. What is the most common biofuel used in the United States?
9. The largest wind farm in the U.S. and the second largest in the world is located in California. Name the wind farm.
10. The largest solar farm in the world is found in the United States. Name the state where it is located.
Previous On the Brink Quizzes:
John Muir Quiz
John Muir Quiz Part 2
Aldo Leopold Quiz
Rachel Carson Quiz
Bill McKibben Quiz
Teddy Roosevelt Quiz
Marjory Stoneman Douglas Quiz
Zora Neale Hurston Quiz
New York City National Cave and Karst Research Institute Quiz
New York City National Cave and Karst Research Institute Quiz Answers Revealed (note that answers reflect spring of 2015)
Introduction to Sustainability Quiz