|Some of Mrs. Hofstra's cats. Courtesy of Hofstra|
that I thought would be good legends for the university. See if you can find them!
1. Mrs. Hofstra left part of her fortune to her cats.
2. The New York Jets once had offices in the Medical School.
3. Mr. Hofstra avoided going down in the Titanic by choosing to go to Canada on a business trip.
4. Charles Lindberg took off to Paris on his famous Atlantic crossing from airstrips that once were on the residential side of campus.
|One of Hofstra's legends. This is the famed "Hofstra|
Tulip". Photo by Bob Brinkmann.
6. Robert Moses resigned from the Board of Trustees when the university decided to build dormitories.
7. Francis Ford Coppola was the first student to direct a major production on the Hofstra campus.
8. Calkins Hall was once the gym.
9. The first official team sport at Hofstra was polo, which was first played on campus in 1936.
10. A secret tunnel connects the north and south side of campus under Hempstead Turnpike.