|Aldo Leopold's shack where he came up with the ideas|
for the Sand County Almanac.
Click for photo credit.
1. Where and when was Aldo Leopold born?
2. He went to college and earned a degree in a forestry program established by Gifford Pinchot. What college did he attend to earn this degree?
3. He wrote the first comprehensive management plan for which important National Park?
4. He also wrote a proposal for which new type of public land classification?
5. He was appointed first US professor of _________________ at the University of Wisconsin.
6. Aldo Leopold's farm was near this important Wisconsin tourist attraction.
7. His famous book is called The Sand County Almanac. It is considered one of the more important books in the history of the environmental movement largely because of Leopold's call for a "land ethic". What does the sand refer to in the title of the book? How did it form?
8. How did he die?
9. His children were all scientists. One, Luna Leopold, had a very important career as a _____________ professor.
10. In which U.S. state is the Aldo Leopold Wilderness?