On the Brink
Featuring informal writing on the environment, sustainability, and higher education.
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
5 Signs of a Green Opening Day for Baseball
What is your team doing to go green?
(Click for photo credit).
1. Bats. The Twins plant 100 trees for every bat their pitchers break. Last year they planted over 17,000 trees in state parks and lands. What is your team doing?
2. Organic and Local Food. The New York Yankees have a Healthy Home Plate program focused on healthy eating for kids.
3. Green Ball Parks. Washington Nationals play home games in a LEED Silver stadium.
4. Energy. Boston's Fenway Park uses solar energy to heat 37% of the hot water that it uses.
5. Water. The Phillies use runoff from their stadium to water landscape plants.
What is your team doing?
April 03, 2012
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Boston Red Sox
new york yankees
opening day baseball
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)